Strataderm is a rapidly drying, non-sticky, transparent, silicone gel formulation for the treatment of both old and new scars as well as abnormal scar prevention, in the form of hypertrophic scars and keloids.
Strataderm is easily applied to all areas of the skin, including exposed areas like the face and neck as well as joints and hairy areas without the need for shaving.
Ensure that the scar is clean and dry. Apply a very thin layer of Strataderm to the scar and allow to dry. Strataderm should be applied once daily, or twice daily to exposed areas or as advised by your physician. For best results Strataderm should be maintained with in continuous contact with the skin (24 hrs day).
When applied correctly, Strataderm should be dry in 3–4 minutes. If it takes longer to dry you have probably applied too much. Gently remove the excess with a tissue and allow the drying process to continue. Once dry, Strataderm can be covered by sunscreen, cosmetics, pressure garments or casts.
Recommended duration of treatment
Strataderm is recommended as minimum treatment of 60–90 days (24/7). Larger and older scars may take longer.
Continued use is recommended until no further improvement is seen.
How much Strataderm do I need?
- Size 5 g (0.17oz) is enough to treat a 2–3 cm (1–2 inch) scar twice per day for over 90 days.
- Size 10 g (0.35 oz) is enough to treat a 5–7 cm (2–3 inch) scar twice per day for over 90 days.
- Size 20 g (0.7 oz) is enough to treat a 10–12 cm (4–5 inch) scar twice per day for over 90 days.
- Size 50 g (1.75 oz) is enough to treat an area of 6 ×12 cm, (2.5 ×5 inch) twice per day for over 90 days.
- Do not apply on third degree burns or to open wounds
- Avoid placing in contact with mucous membranes, or the eyes
- May stain clothing if not completely dry
- For external use only. If irritation occurs, discontinue use and consult your GP. Keep this product out of the reach of children.
Store below 25°C (77°F). Do not use after the expiration (EXP) date printed on the tube.