StrataMed is a breakthrough treatment that can be used on non epithelialized wounds and compromised skin, which allows prevention of abnormal scarring to begin earlier than ever before. Other self-drying silicone products can only be used after a wound has healed. This often delays the treatment start, as the complete epithelialization may take several weeks.
Important features of Stratamed™
- Stratamed™ can be used just after surgery
- Faster wound healing
- Faster recovery time
- Convenient and easy to use, only once a day
- Protection and hydration of superficial wounds, burns and compromised skin
- Prevention and treatment of keloids and hypertrophic scars
Ensure that the affected skin or wound is clean. Pat dry as much excess exudates or wound fluid from the wound
as possible prior to gel application.
On damaged or broken skin not requiring a secondary dressing:
Apply a very thin layer of Stratamed to the affected area and allow the gel to dry. Stratamed should be applied once daily, or twice daily to exposed areas or as advised by your doctor. Once dry, Stratamed may be covered by sun screen, cosmetics, pressure garments or casts.
On damaged skin or wounds requiring a secondary dressing:
Apply a thin layer of Stratamed then cover with the secondary dressing. For best results Stratamed should be maintained in continuous contact with the skin (24 hrs/day). When applied correctly to exposed areas, Stratamed should be dry in 5–6 minutes. If it takes longer to dry you have probably applied too much. Gently remove the excess with a clean tissue or gauze and allow the drying process to continue
Recommended duration of treatment
Stratamed is recommended for a minimum treatment of 60–90 days (24/7). Larger scars may take longer. Continued use is recommended until no further improvement is seen
- Do not place in contact with the eyes
- Do not apply over other skin treatments
- May stain clothing if not completely dry.
- Does not contain anti-infective ingredients.
- Should your wound show signs of infection or fail to heal, consult your doctor
- For external use only.
- If irritation occurs, discontinue use and consult your doctor
- Not suitable for wet, highly exudative, tunnelling wounds or 3rd degree burns
- Keep out of the reach of children
- Store below 25 °C (77 °F).
- Do not use after the expiration (EXP) date printed on the tube
Polysiloxanes, Siloxane resin