By the time we’re 40, we usually feel that our skin-care routine is all worked out. But hormonal bombardment means your skin will benefit from some simple tweaks to ensure you make it through the decade with a youthful glow.
Gradual noticeable changes in the skin are due to a decline in estrogen which directly affects the function of key cells in the skin, such as fibroblasts (which produce collagen and elastin – whose job it is to keep our skin firm and smooth).
Many of us will notice:
- Increase in fine lines (around eyes & mount, between brows, forehead)
- Brown spots (on face, neck, chest, back)
- Loss in skin tone (especially noticeable on the chin & cheeks)
- Minor skin growths (on the face and body that begin as small bumps)
Your ideal regimen
- Cleanse: Choose cleansers that remove the dirt without stripping your skin of moisture. Cleansers that “dissolve” make-up are the best. They don’t necessarily have to produce a lot of leather if any. Products containing natural exfoliators, such as alpha hydroxy acids, help slough away dead skin, clear up menopausal acne and stimulate collagen production – these are usually best for thicker skins, prone to breakouts and spots. We have six excellent cleansers to select from in four skin care ranges. If you are stuck, just buzz us for a quick chat.
- Protect: This comes in two ways. Protect on cellular level with a stable vitamin C compound (we have 12%, 18% and 28% available, depending on your overall skin’s health). These serums come with added antioxidants to fight the free radicals and help reverse some of the damage you already have. The other side of the coin is of course SPF to prevent sun damage. Esquire about Vit C & Mineral Pro
- Rebuild: All the reparative processes in your body happen while you sleep. Your skin is exactly the same. Chat to us about various strengths and forms of Vitamin A (3TR, 6TR, 10TR) serums and balms we have for you to select from. Your retinol prescription will take your skin to new heights!
- Hydrate: Did you know that hyaluronic acid is also called the KING of all moisturizing components? Skin needs constant hydration as well as retaining its moisture. Check the true moisturising system we have which combine both brightening and anti-ageing benefits.
- Do Not Neglect Your Eyes. Use an eye cream to reduce the appearance of fine lines or puffiness around the eyes. Dab it on with your ring finger, tapping lightly to give an instant circulation boost to the eye area. For the best eye anti-aging skin regime,talk to us about Cosmedix Opti Crytal ($125) or Medik8 Hydr8 Night Eye ($85) for the most delicate skin on your face.