Skincare world may seem complex and overwhelming, but it doesn’t need to be.
You can think of good skin the same way as we think of good health. That is eating a balanced, nutrient-rich diet, keep active, stay away from sun exposure and smoking.
And our skin needs similar approach starting from nutrient-rich skincare regime.
Key ingredients in skincare products make a huge difference – after all it’s thought we absorb up to 60% of what we put on our skin.
So what is important to look for?
Good skin care ingredients
- Vitamin A – Retinol: Minimises and prevents wrinkles, diminishes fine lines and brown spots, and improves acne. Best of all, the prescription-strength version can promote the production of collagen
- Vitamin B: Reduces and prevents the formation of brown spots on the skin, improves the appearance of wrinkles, and reduces inflammation (which means it may improve acne, eczema, and rosacea).
- Vitamin C: Lightens brown spots and helps in preventing both uneven pigmentation and wrinkles from developing. Accelerates Collagen production. Collagen is the natural protein that keeps skin firm and plump.
- Vitamin D: Replenishes hydration and increases skin elasticity.
- Vitamin E: A powerful antioxidant that helps protect the skin from damaging environmental forces such as sunlight and pollution.
- Hyaluronic acid (HA): Tends to diminish with advancing age, sun damage and other environmental assaults. While HA in topical products can’t replace the HA that’s lost naturally in skin, it does have excellent moisturising properties. HA attracts and seals water into the skin, which not only protects the skin but also helps camouflage fine lines.
- Alpha hydroxy acids (AHAs): Has an exfoliating effect. They occur naturally: Glycolic acid comes from sugarcane, malic acid from apples, lactic acid from milk and citric acid from citrus fruits. AHAs work on the outer layer of skin, removing layers of dead skin. It make the skin’s surface smoother and allow other beneficial ingredients to penetrate better. Helps boost collagen production and helps the skin hold onto moisture, which can reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Salicylic acid: Has ability to remove dead cells from the surface of the skin and clean out pores, unclog them, clearing blackheads, making the skin look and feel softer.
Like vitamins, minerals have a wide range of skin benefits – primarily detoxing, regenerating and protecting cells against free radical damage.
- No Fragrances
- No Artificial colours
- No Paraben preservatives