Intense Pulsed Light IPL Facial Rejuvenation was designed to combat the effects of aging and damaged skin in a gentle, non-invasive yet effective way. The redness and flushing of
rosacea can be reduced 80 to 90 percent. Fine lines and wrinkles are decreased significantly. Acne and acne scarring lightens up.
IPL treatments energy is delivered at specific settings for each treatment to maximize results. Heat from the light energy stimulates the production of collagen and elastic and this in turn softens the appearance of lines and improves the texture and color of
IPL devices use a number of wavelengths including yellow, green and red light that is emitted in a series of short pulses. The
yellow/green light destroys the bacteria that live in the skin and cause
acne. Red light directly targets the overactive sebaceous glands that cause outbreaks of
pustules. This heats the deeper layer of the skin and causes shrinkage of the inflamed sebaceous glands and helps to prevent over-production of excess sebum.
During the treatment, a thin layer of cooling gel applied to the treated area. Pulses of light energy of specific treatment parameters are delivered to skin based on skin type and condition treated. The process usually takes between 15 and 30 minutes, depending on the size of area that needs to be treated.
Immediately following your treatment, skin may be somewhat red and flushed. Tiny capillaries may be more visible and brown spots generally appear darker at first before gradually fading.
IPL Summary & Compare
IPL treatment plan tailored to your individual condition and skin type, providing superior cosmetic results with minimum downtime at affordable price.
IPL Treatment Plans
The frequency of treatments and duration of treatment plan mainly depends on the size, location, depth and color of your lesion and or other skin imperfections that you want to treat as well as how well your skin/hair respond to the treatments.
Spider veins and capillaries on the face, dilated blood vessels and age spots generally do well with one or two treatments. Dark or deep pigmentation may require between two and four sessions. IPL can successfully treat all of the above conditions without injuring the surrounding tissue.
Each session may last between a few minutes to half an hour, depending on big is the area. Treatments should be placed 2 to 8 weeks apart to allow your body to remove the maximum amount of pigment cells. You will continue to see a lightening of your lesion after each treatment as your body disposes of the pigmented cells
Other Conditions to treat
- Age Spots
- Sun Spots
- Seborrheic Keratoses
- Facial Spider Veins
- No sun exposure 4-6wks before and after IPL treatments.
- No sun exposure post peels for 2 weeks.
- Extreme caution needed to avoid sunlight (in fact all light) for 24hrs post PDT, after 24hrs IPL's sun restrictions apply.
- High SPF sun block and sun avoidance is suggested after all treatments.
IPL Post Treatment Advice
There are a few simple techniques that may help prevent further outbreaks
- Avoid the sun during high-intensity hours. The sun's rays are most damaging from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Reduce the time you spend outdoors during these hours for at least 2 weeks after treatment
- If you must be in the sun, use a sunscreen with a sun protection factor (SPF) of at least 15+. It should be a broad-spectrum sunscreen, which means it blocks both ultraviolet A (UVA) and ultraviolet B (UVB) rays
- For the first 48 hours after the IPL capillary procedure avoid any heavy activity, keep the treatment area moist also try avoiding any anti-inflammatory or aspirin related medications